Advanced Microscopy and Imaging
The QBRI Advanced Microscopy and Imaging Core will provide state-of-the-art microscopes, and image processing and analysis tools that enhance the level of imaging research. The core is equipped with the most advanced automated histology, immunohistochemistry, digital microscopy as well as live-cell imaging instrumentation. These advanced technologies allow investigators to perform a variety of imaging research experiments that will answer important biomedical questions related diabetes, cancer and neurodegenerative disorders. The core will provide training and access to resources that range from routine microscopy to cutting-edge live-animal multi-photon microscopy and superresolution.
Digital Imaging Microscopy Unit
- Applications for co-localization, immunofluorescence, FRAP, FRET, live cell imaging, and time-lapse studies using confocal, fluorescence, and multi-photon microscopy.
- Training on all microscopes.
- Consultation on all microscopy projects.
Histology & Pathology Unit
- Routine histology services including tissue processing, paraffin embedding, sectioning, cryopreservation, and cryosectioning.
- Different histological staining methods, such as H&E and special stains.
- Immunohistochemical and immunofluorescence techniques.
- Expert advice in the planning and evaluation of histopathology experiments.
A1 MP+/A1R MP+ Multi-Photon
(AxioImager M2 - Zeiss)
Color Fluorescence and FISH Imaging System